Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

Just like Christopher Jr., Lucas obviously is insanely jealous of Gideon -- for his incredible good looks, his money, his power, the celebrity attention he gets, the fact that women throw themselves at him.

But whereas Christopher's jealousy is more general, and the way he tries to get even is by seducing women who unsuccessfully try to land Gideon, Lucas actually has real reason to be jealous on a very personal level -- because his own wife threw herself at Gideon, bedazzled by everything Gideon was (and Lucas was not.)

I'm not sure how those two are still together because that has to be a huge blow to the ego of someone like Dr. Lucas!!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a man - size of the hands and the size of what appears to be a watch on the left wrist. And yes, that definitely appears to be a wedding band on the left hand. The pose makes me think the word "despair."

Geoffrey Cross?

We know Geoffrey blew his own head off. I wonder whether he did it at home. Gideon was 5 at the time, too young to be attending full-time grade school yet. Was Gideon home at the time of the suicide, if that's in fact where it happened?

Geoffrey wanted wealth -- he went too far to get it. Waaaaay too far. A Ponzi scheme on a massive scale is about the worst financial crime someone can commit.

That would also explain the bell bottoms LOL

I'm not sure how those two are still together because that has to be a huge blow to the ego of someone like Dr. Lucas!!

Maybe on Anne's side because she, like Elizabeth and Monica, is willing to put financial/social security first. She's rather stay the wife of a respected medical doctor than be a divorcee who had been nothing more than the flavor of the week to Gideon Cross. I imagine her chances of landing a second husband would be somewhat limited if the adultery came up in court -- what guy would dare try to go up against the memory of Gideon Cross?

Probably on Lucas' side is stubbornness - if his wife did divorce him, then Gideon "wins" because his wife totally rejected him, just like Gideon had rejected her. I imagine Lucas probably makes life h.e.l.l for Anne, though.

Maybe on Anne's side because she, like Elizabeth and Monica, is willing to put financial/social security first. She's rather stay the wife of a respected medical doctor than be a divorcee who had been nothing more than the flavor of the week to Gideon Cross. I imagine her chances of landing a second husband would be somewhat limited if the adultery came up in court -- what guy would dare try to go up against the memory of Gideon Cross?

Probably on Lucas' side is stubbornness - if his wife did divorce him, then Gideon "wins" because his wife totally rejected him, just like Gideon had rejected her. I imagine Lucas probably makes life h.e.l.l for Anne, though.

You said h.e.l.l. Heeheehee

That would also explain the bell bottoms LOL

Ah HAH!!!! Young Geoffrey Cross -- that would explain the bell bottoms.

Doing some math:

1. Gideon and Eva's story takes place in the present day. Let's call it 2012 - because that's the year Bared and Reflected both were published.
  2. Gideon is 28 years old. His father died when Gideon was 5. Subtract 23 years = 1989 was the year Geoffrey died.
  3. If Geoffrey was every bit as driven as his son, and he followed the same timeline as his son, Geoffrey would have already laid the foundation of his own fortune by age 20. (At age 20, Gideon was rich enough to hire Angus as driver/bodyguard.)
  4. If Geoffrey's fortune started at age 20 I'm making a wild guess the end came by the time he reached 40.
  5. If he was 40 in 1989 then he would have been an ambitious young man in 1969. Right around the time bell bottoms first came into fashion.

Someone at Penguin in Australia might read this and say either:

Foiled - someone figured it out!

OR

HAHAHAHAHA - boy are we sending those fans on sylviaday.net off in crazy directions!

Doing some math:

• Gideon and Eva's story takes place in the present day. Let's call it 2012 - because that's the year Bared and Reflected both were published.
  • Gideon is 28 years old. His father died when Gideon was 5. Subtract 23 years = 1989 was the year Geoffrey died.
  • If Geoffrey was every bit as driven as his son, and he followed the same timeline as his son, Geoffrey would have already laid the foundation of his own fortune by age 20. (At age 20, Gideon was rich enough to hire Angus as driver/bodyguard.)
  • If Geoffrey's fortune started at age 20 I'm making a wild guess the end came by the time he reached 40.
  • If he was 40 in 1989 then he would have been an ambitious young man in 1969. Right around the time bell bottoms first came into fashion.

OR

HAHAHAHAHA - boy are we sending those fans on sylviaday.net off in crazy directions!

I bet we're keeping them well amused.

You never know, some of our theories might end up in books 4 & 5.

Especially your ones!

I bet we're keeping them well amused.

You never know, some of our theories might end up in books 4 & 5.

Especially your ones!

Oh we're keeping everyone amused on this fan site, with Sylvia herself probably the most amused of all.

But yeah, the marketing people planing the pictures -- from the official snapshots for Sylvia's own main commercial site to the folks at Penguin -- are probably having a blast reading reactions to each image.

Then there are the folks at Lionsgate, watching us drool over Henry Cavill pictures, knowing we're hot for him to play Gideon.

Doing some math:

• Gideon and Eva's story takes place in the present day. Let's call it 2012 - because that's the year Bared and Reflected both were published.
  • Gideon is 28 years old. His father died when Gideon was 5. Subtract 23 years = 1989 was the year Geoffrey died.
  • If Geoffrey was every bit as driven as his son, and he followed the same timeline as his son, Geoffrey would have already laid the foundation of his own fortune by age 20. (At age 20, Gideon was rich enough to hire Angus as driver/bodyguard.)
  • If Geoffrey's fortune started at age 20 I'm making a wild guess the end came by the time he reached 40.
  • If he was 40 in 1989 then he would have been an ambitious young man in 1969. Right around the time bell bottoms first came into fashion.

OR

Yes I can imagine them in stitches while they drink their blueberry coffee!!!

Oh we're keeping everyone amused on this fan site, with Sylvia herself probably the most amused of all.

But yeah, the marketing people planing the pictures -- from the official snapshots for Sylvia's own main commercial site to the folks at Penguin -- are probably having a blast reading reactions to each image.

Then there are the folks at Lionsgate, watching us drool over Henry Cavill pictures, knowing we're hot for him to play Gideon.

Someone at Lionsgate better be taking Henry out for a POWER LUNCH!!!

Yeah!

We don't need auditions. In our eyes, he's already passed the screen test. ;)

I love many varieties of flavored coffee, with an especial fondness for chocolate raspberry and pumpkin spice.

But honestly .... blueberry flavored coffee tastes kinda gross to me. I test-drove the flavor for my Keurig machine and decided I didn't care for it.

I love many varieties of flavored coffee, with an especial fondness for chocolate raspberry and pumpkin spice.

But honestly .... blueberry flavored coffee tastes kinda gross to me. I test-drove the flavor for my Keurig machine and decided I didn't care for it.

Can't beat just a plain old good quality Americano.

:)

Already come up for a caption for the blueberry coffee. When Eva says

"Give me that coffee, I want to be caffeinated when I kick your a*se"

So love that line.

Great line indeed! i do love it too, :)

drool is the right word :)

NO! I am free associating...lol

Grasping again at straws...

But if it is Corinne---what has she done to get Gideon back?

Doesn't matter what she (Corrine) would try to do, it would never work. She would never get Gideon back! 

These pictures are driving me nuts! LOL

Doing some math:

1. Gideon and Eva's story takes place in the present day. Let's call it 2012 - because that's the year Bared and Reflected both were published.
  2. Gideon is 28 years old. His father died when Gideon was 5. Subtract 23 years = 1989 was the year Geoffrey died.
  3. If Geoffrey was every bit as driven as his son, and he followed the same timeline as his son, Geoffrey would have already laid the foundation of his own fortune by age 20. (At age 20, Gideon was rich enough to hire Angus as driver/bodyguard.)
  4. If Geoffrey's fortune started at age 20 I'm making a wild guess the end came by the time he reached 40.
  5. If he was 40 in 1989 then he would have been an ambitious young man in 1969. Right around the time bell bottoms first came into fashion.

OR

Doing some math:

OR

Wow...Good stuff!

Sylvia said on FB, that today's picture from Penquin Australia has her stumped too! She doesn't control those ones. No hope for us then.:(

Ahh Crap! If SD doesn't know we are definitely screwed. How are we supposed to figure something out if the author doesn't even know?