Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

[Kirsten, thank you so much *hugs* It worked! I did it!! *happy dance*]

LN Cronan, in case you missed my chart, I re-post it for you from the New Entwined Clues thread:

*okay, I think I have to make three postings*

Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo Chart

SNAPSHOTS                                                  SNIPPET                                                                  CHAPTER                     COUNTDOWN

#1 A pen                    A special teaser for New Years aka not an "official" snippet   I (May 7th) COMPLETE--Conflict                    2                  

(start: March 19th)                                                                                                                                                              (finale: June 3rd)

#2 Unwrapped Christmas present         2, 3, 9, "trade" (mentioned in Oscar Night snippet)      II (May 7th) SNEAK PEEK-Resolution  

#9 A woman at a club                                        6 and 7                                                                       IX Conflict

*lemme hit post to see how the layout goes*

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update on the goodreads review... in the comments of her review the reviewer mentions more details on Corinne and there is also a new review up which doesn't give any spoilers but the person just "complains" in their own way on the series becoming a quintet (not many people are happy about that from what I've read... oh well I know I am!!).

Here is the link to the original review on goodreads. Just scroll down so you can look at the comments.

Click at your own risk (may contain spoilers):

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/609599053

Well some of that comment confirms some of LN's thoughts.

It does! 

Don't tell me that!!!! It makes me want to read it!!!!! And I don't want to be reading spoilers!!!!!

Some people out there have managed to get their hands on early copies (embargoes don't work 100% no matter how hard the publishers try -- every Harry Potter book release involved some copies somehow getting out there early.) I envy the people who got to read it early, but I dislike the people who then put spoilers out there.

I'm planning to sit on my hands about posting Entwined stuff until June 7, after the U.K. release.

The only thing I'll read beforehand are any formal book reviews. Reviewers are very careful about handling spoiler material.

LN Cronan, here's the final part:

SNAPSHOT                          SNIPPET                                                                    CHAPTER                           COUNTDOWN

#16 Bleachers             10 (setting: Times Square and Cary did say "bleachers")    XVI--Resolution         17 love that hurts another person

[my guess: Brett gives up]

#17 A man's holding     [my guess: 1 when Gideon said "I settled for less" and       XVII--Conflict              18 choices that haunt

a French passport        the note: "from a conversation about past relationships"]                                       [my guess: Corinne]

#18 Private plane on                                                                                            XVIII--Resolution      19 strong passion that can no longer   

the ground with its door                                                                                                                         hidden [my guess: Giroux's arrival/

open and on position set of stairs                                                                                                         Corinne's departure either way resulted

in GidEva having a strong passionate

moment]

#21                                                                                                                           XXI--Conflict        22 secrets that can either protect                                                                                                                                                              or harm

#22 (end: May 30th)*          [my guess: 5 at Eva's apartment, after dinner,             XXII--Resolution    23 a song that changes the way

dancing, song--Eva's feelings towards Gideon]                                         you feel

Please keep in mind that it's just my theory. There's always room for error *grin*

Sylvia, I really treasure the brain gym *wink*

[Edit: 20/05/13]

* Friday, May 31st

P.S.: Whenever I make major changes (that don't include typos) in my postings, I always write the date of editing down.

616_529478520420759_190547608_n.jpg

Caption: How hot can it get

Today's picture is too easy ... obviously Gideon and Eva. Very hawt.

Taking this picture figuratively (the pose) instead of literally (the guy is shirtless) I'd have to say this hints at that seriously hot scene we've read the foreplay for - the pair of them in the nightclub, Gideon nailing Eva against a wall. I can't wait to read what comes next (pun intended) after the part in the snippet.

LOL, so funny LN, but I know what you mean.

I just hope though that when we are reading the book it is obvious about the captions and questions as I am a bit thick in that way, I probably will not realise that what I am reading goes against a clue.

I hope someone on the forum does a clue/picture to chapter it relates to thread as I will click then LOL :)

Don't tell me that!!!! It makes me want to read it!!!!! And I don't want to be reading spoilers!!!!!

Some people out there have managed to get their hands on early copies (embargoes don't work 100% no matter how hard the publishers try -- every Harry Potter book release involved some copies somehow getting out there early.) I envy the people who got to read it early, but I dislike the people who then put spoilers out there.

I'm planning to sit on my hands about posting Entwined stuff until June 7, after the U.K. release.

The only thing I'll read beforehand are any formal book reviews. Reviewers are very careful about handling spoiler material.

thanks LN :)

LN Cronan, here's the final part:

P.S.: Whenever I make major changes (that don't include typos) in my postings, I always write the date of editing down.

Andie

I am just in aww at how you come to your conclusions, I have looked over the snippets and countdown picture after reading what you have written and they make more sense than what I had been picturing LOL :)

Will you do another one after the book comes out stating what went where with the pictures and countdown as well, I had just mentioned to LN, I would love someone to do that so I know myself what I reading co-incides with what picutre/snapshot otherwise I will be clueless when reading the book :)

Sorry LN, I was just excited that you were on the right track. Writing a book review without giving away any spoilers is so difficult although I do try to do it.

Hi Andie!

Love, love, love the charts!!!

I've got some ideas about your connection between snapshot #18 (private plane) and the caption of countdown picture day #19 ("Can you hide a love so strong -- the picture there is of a woman in a red dress dancing with a man).

Bear with me -- background timeline:

• Corrine had phoned Gideon in crisis from France, having already booked a flight to New York -- she wanted Gideon's help in getting settled. My guess is Corrine had finally decided to pull the plug on her marriage and to move back to New York.
  • She happened to call him while he was on his first date with Eva, the night she wore that red dress. They'd already made love, he was now on his head trip, and he jumped at the chance to leave early. But when he finally was free to be able to talk to Corrine at length that night, he told he'd met someone new -- Eva.
  • So that night was the first time Corrine learned about Eva -- and Corrine chickened out on returning to New York, even cancelling her flight.
  • In the coming days, there were online photos and stories about Gideon and Eva - pictures of them on the red carpet the night of their first date, the kiss on the sidewalk, the kiss and make up pictures from Bryant Park. Now Gideon and Eva were very public. Corrine had to have been cyberstalking Gideon from France -- because Corrine knew all the other women he'd been photographed with before "looked like her." (Corrine).
  • In the coming days, Gideon continued to talk about Eva to Corrine -- how special Eva was, how Eva had been getting him to open up.
  • It took her another week or so to do it, but she worked up the courage to return to New York and go after Gideon anyway.
  • Gideon and Eva were photographed on the red carpet entering the fundraiser where Corrine was lurking inside, ready to pounce.
  • That night happened to be the last time Gideon allowed he and Eva to be photographed together -- because the next day was the day Nathan showed up in Gideon's office. For safety's sake, Gideon immediately removed Eva from his celebrity spotlight.
  • So as best as anyone could tell, including Corrine, there no longer was any public proof Gideon and Eva were still a couple.
  • Did Gideon and Corrine continue to speak on the phone? Eva asked him to cut Corrine off, and Gideon told Eva it'd be cruel to do so when Corrine was in crisis. BUT ... Corrine pulled the nooner stunt the next day, and Gideon saw the photo Eva got on her smartphone. My theory is he called up Corrine to chew her out and may have actually quit talking to her .... until Gideon needed to start using Corrine as part of the plan to eliminate Nathan.
  • So then it became Gideon and Corrine as a public couple. We know of at least two photo opps - their dinner date and the cozy shot of them at the party.
  • Likely there have been more, but we don't know about them because Eva quit looking after the party shot convinced Eva he'd gone back to Corrine. Gideon ended up shooting straight to the top of the suspect list, and so keeping up appearances with Corrine became more crucial than ever.
  • We do know he was spending free time with Corrine -- and Eva accidentally caught him staging an appearance with Corrine leaving the Crossfire to go somewhere after work.

So, tying this all together with the connection between the snapshot of the plane and the countdown picture about hiding a love so strong ..... Chapter 18 is where things end forever for Corrine. Throwing out some possibilities.

• By Chapter 18, she'll have learned knows Gideon has chosen Eva.
  • She'll have been told that Eva always had been the choice and Corrine never had a shot.
  • Corrine's grand plan to move back to New York and nuke Gideon's new relationship has failed -- so all that remains is to go back to France and decide what to do about her broken marriage -- try to reconcile or still end it anyway and build a new future, one without Gideon ever being a possibility.

How might we get to that point in Chapter 18?

• How soon does Gideon start cutting back the time he spends with Corrine before the crisis point for Corrine, the knowledge he's back with Eva?
  • Technically, as Entwined opens, Gideon still needs to use Corrine. However, now that he knows for certain the cops aren't buying the lie, the burden shifts from maintaining the cover with Corrine to keeping the secret he's back with Eva.
  • Do the events leading up to Chapter 18 involve Gideon learning the murder case won't/can't be pursued any longer, so nothing now stands in the way of him going public with Eva again?
  • Is it at the point where he publicly gets back together with Eva that Gideon tells Corrine -- blindsides her?
  • Or does Corrine catch Gideon "cheating" sometime before Chapter 18, but keeps pulling desperate moves until finally by Chapter 18 Corrine realizes she's lost, and like Magdalene before her, finally throws in the towel?

Oh the possibilities. I really hope, though, that Corrine is still in the middle of her delusion that because Gideon is "dating" her again it's only a matter of time before they become lovers again -- and that delusion is shattered by her catching him redhanded in Eva's arms. Karma can be a b**** -- like Corrine has been a catty b**** this whole time. It'd be karmic payback for walking out the Crossfire in front of Eva looking freshly f****** that Corrine catches Gideon with Eva.

Sorry LN, I was just excited that you were on the right track. Writing a book review without giving away any spoilers is so difficult although I do try to do it.

I'm joking "don't tell me that!!!" ladies. Laughing as I do ... trying to resist the temptation. But I am delighted to know that something I've theorized about likely is right on the money.

Just don't tell me what ;) ;) ;) I want to find out on June 4.

What a lovely pic to wake up to. A bit of sexy time. :)

Or the pessimist in me is taking the caption literally. how hot can it get? Is someone breathing down their necks, will they get caught?

Sighing hard here!

It's definitely going to get VERY hot in both respects...

Or the pessimist in me is taking the caption literally. how hot can it get? Is someone breathing down their necks, will they get caught?

Sighing hard here!

It's definitely going to get VERY hot in both respects...

Sighing hard here!

616_529478520420759_190547608_n.jpg

Caption: How hot can it get

Today's picture is too easy ... obviously Gideon and Eva. Very hawt.

Taking this picture figuratively (the pose) instead of literally (the guy is shirtless) I'd have to say this hints at that seriously hot scene we've read the foreplay for - the pair of them in the nightclub, Gideon nailing Eva against a wall. I can't wait to read what comes next (pun intended) after the part in the snippet.

I'm going directly to that chapter when I finally get the book. LOL!!!

Snapshot soon! :)

OMG, it is Tuesday. It feels like Monday to me, because here in the States, we had a major holiday yesterday.

I'm heading over to the New Clues thread to post the cheat sheet of snapshots # 1-20. We're due to get #21 in a few minutes from now.

I was thinking this might be Cary too.  The fingers don't look manicured and I can't see Gideon biting his nails.  That said it could mean both couples in the Eva/Cary household are enjoying time with their significant others.

Good point on the manicured fingers.....

Cary enjoys spa day with Eva and Monica too often to have fingernails looking like that....

Perhaps it is Christopher Jr instead? or Nathan and a flashback/nightmare?