Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant to represent Gideon's rapist? Perhaps that's why the hand, with the dirty bitten fingernails -- meant to be unnerving?

How far will his passion drive you over the edge -- over the mental edge, leaving lasting trauma? PTSD - just how bad? Because Gideon's got it bad, his nightmares show.

Granted, the second male in the picture appears to be a young adult. To put a young teen would be both too obvious and far too controversial -- perhaps even pushing a legal line for the use of underage models. These are real people in that photo posing for the photographer -- the image is meant to be symbolic.

Meant to represent Gideon's rapist? Perhaps that's why the hand, with the dirty bitten fingernails -- meant to be unnerving?

How far will his passion drive you over the edge -- over the mental edge, leaving lasting trauma? PTSD - just how bad? Because Gideon's got it bad, his nightmares show.

Granted, the second male in the picture appears to be a young adult. To put a young teen would be both too obvious and far too controversial -- perhaps even pushing a legal line for the use of underage models. These are real people in that photo posing for the photographer -- the image is meant to be symbolic.

I think your right on with this because every time I look at that photo I think " I don't like that picture" and that is why maybe this is the chapter where he outs his abuser... Yes the picture is very disturbing ...I hate it!! :( :(

970037_529846973717247_283389129_n.jpg

How far will his passion drive you over the edge?

Hope that is not Gideon's hands, he bites his nails,

I know I am sad pointing that out but I hate seeing that on anyones hands in photo's LOL

I was thinking this might be Cary too.  The fingers don't look manicured and I can't see Gideon biting his nails.  That said it could mean both couples in the Eva/Cary household are enjoying time with their significant others.

Gosh I just mentioned the nails before I saw the other comments.

Didn't Cary get mani's and pedi's as well, the picture probably is not an acurate discription of any of the men in the book, just a man in general in this pose lol :)

Wow! Very good!

Have to agree with you.

Bared to You, page 147.

First night Gideon and Eva sleep alongside one another (when he took her home with him to make up for the fact he's taken her to his f*** pad.)

This night would also be the first time she'd witness one of his nightmares ... in comparison to the later ones, less severe. One of the ones in which he is in the role of victim (so possible actual flashback) rather than aggressor (metaphorically working out his rage).

First words Gideon says: "Don't touch me ... Get your f***** hands off me!"

Yep, I definitely think today's unsettling image with a creepy hand is meant to represent Gideon's rapist.

Bared to You, page 147.

First night Gideon and Eva sleep alongside one another (when he took her home with him to make up for the fact he's taken her to his f*** pad.)

This night would also be the first time she'd witness one of his nightmares ... in comparison to the later ones, less severe. One of the ones in which he is in the role of victim (so possible actual flashback) rather than aggressor (metaphorically working out his rage).

Yep, I definitely think today's unsettling image with a creepy hand is meant to represent Gideon's rapist.

Well we were told we would find out, and as its getting near the end of the book, it had to come.

But the picture does make for disturbing thoughts.

I wonder if the abuser will be known to us or a new character?

Bared to You, page 147.

First words Gideon says: "Don't touch me ... Get your f***** hands off

OMG LN I can't express again how much that pic disturbs me... I can't look at it without chills going down my spine and those hands make me think " get your effin hands off me :( :( Cryin a river here quoting Victor for Gideon...

Well we were told we would find out, and as its getting near the end of the book, it had to come.

I definitely think the abuser is the doctoral student and unknown to us but the circumstances surrounding Gideon's escape from that situation I think will be the real bombshell so to speak I have often wondered if perhaps he is related to one of the known characters such as a cousin , brother, etc. won't be long now till we find out!!

Unlike the snapshot pictures, which are in specific order, Chapter 1 to Chapter 22, the Penguin countdown pictures are in no particular order. I have a feeling, based on snapshot #15, the picture of the man's hand grasping a bedsheet, it will be in Chapter 15 that Eva at last gets Gideon to tell her the full story behind his nightmares.

Chapter 15 is a particularly scary place in the past Crossfire novels.

In Reflected, it's when Eva finds out Nathan was in New York and has just been found dead (plus, in hindsight later, we'd find out Chapter 15 covered the Thursday on which Gideon killed Nathan.

In Chapter 15 of Bared, Gideon was begging Eva to take him back, despite the nightmares (he thought disgust is what had made her flee). When he sought her out to get her back, he'd already done something that must have scared him deeply - signed up for therapy (individual as well as couples.)

Unlike the snapshot pictures, which are in specific order, Chapter 1 to Chapter 22, the Penguin countdown pictures are in no particular order. I have a feeling, based on snapshot #15, the picture of the man's hand grasping a bedsheet, it will be in Chapter 15 that Eva at last gets Gideon to tell her the full story behind his nightmares.

Chapter 15 is a particularly scary place in the past Crossfire novels.

In Reflected, it's when Eva finds out Nathan was in New York and has just been found dead (plus, in hindsight later, we'd find out Chapter 15 covered the Thursday on which Gideon killed Nathan.

In Chapter 15 of Bared, Gideon was begging Eva to take him back, despite the nightmares (he thought disgust is what had made her flee). When he sought her out to get her back, he'd already done something that must have scared him deeply - signed up for therapy (individual as well as couples.)

That is very true. Be interesting to see if the pattern continues.

Bared to You, page 147.

I agree with you.

I agree LN.

Funny feeling here Julie that it maybe a new character, personally with the characters that are there just now, I don't think they would be coming across the way they do in the books before if they were up to no good, like if someone had done this to Gideon I don't think he would be a major character in the book that we would hear about all the time or that Gideon would see at all during the day or night 

Funny feeling here Julie that it maybe a new character, personally with the characters that are there just now, I don't think they would be coming across the way they do in the books before if they were up to no good, like if someone had done this to Gideon I don't think he would be a major character in the book that we would hear about all the time or that Gideon would see at all during the day or night 

I too think the abuser, mentioned only in passing thus far and not yet by name, will emerge as a new character. We've already got a new character -- a bad guy/gal -- in Chapter 1: Deanna Johnson, girl reporter and evil brunette.

Speaking of, we do need some nice brunettes, and I hope we can get some new ones. Right now, Ireland is the only good one. Maybe Magdalene. IMHO I think has Gideon's best interests at heart and is sincerely sorry for how she treated Eva the night the two of them met. 

I too think the abuser, mentioned only in passing thus far and not yet by name, will emerge as a new character. We've already got a new character -- a bad guy/gal -- in Chapter 1: Deanna Johnson, girl reporter and evil brunette.

Speaking of, we do need some nice brunettes, and I hope we can get some new ones. Right now, Ireland is the only good one. Maybe Magdalene. IMHO I think has Gideon's best interests at heart and is sincerely sorry for how she treated Eva the night the two of them met.

If I were Eva I would always keep an eye on Magdalene but I sincerely do hope she turns out to be a good egg so to speak...only June 4th will tell ; it would also help her case if she yanked Corinne's chain a little too LOL!!