SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Julie  :)

I had a bad feeling about Marty since he told Eva on the phone that Lacey was away but that she should ring him up later that day. I still can't figure out though how Marty might get involved in anything nasty.

Could you tell me what does OTT stand for?

Hi Gabri

OTT stands for over the top. :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie  :)

I had a bad feeling about Marty since he told Eva on the phone that Lacey was away but that she should ring him up later that day. I still can't figure out though how Marty might get involved in anything nasty.

Could you tell me what does OTT stand for?

Hey Gabri

I was thinking about Megumi today, Marty did cross my mind (sorry Claudine) but Eva has known him a while, so Im hoping he is a good guy. Or the Krav Maga could be for him! But Michael has been rejected twice, by Megumi and Lacey. I'm suspicious of him.

Hi Sharon

See in the UK, school finishes at 18. Then you go on to university. You wouldn't call it school.

We were wondering about where Eva was living, throughout her life. Re reading Entwined, she referred to Southern California, where her dad lived and I'd gone to school. Yes she went there, to go to college. Which meant she could have lived there sometime in her younger days with Monica, before she left Stanton and Monica to go to SDSU. See where I'm coming from? Page 118

Sorry Julie we had a lock down drill then a fire drill right when I was answering your question.  I didn't read it completely because the alarm made me jump out of my chair.  This is referring to her years at SDSU.  I don't think Eva spent very much of her younger years with her dad.  What I picked up from her conversations is that her younger years were mostly phone calls to her dad,

Sorry Julie we had a lock down drill then a fire drill right when I was answering your question.  I didn't read it completely because the alarm made me jump out of my chair.  This is referring to her years at SDSU.  I don't think Eva spent very much of her younger years with her dad.  What I picked up from her conversations is that her younger years were mostly phone calls to her dad,

Hi Sharon.

I don't think she saw her dad much in her younger years, she says it was mainly phone calls, but re reading she referred as going to school in SoCal. So I thought perhaps she spent some of her younger years there, although away from Victor. That was why I was asking about the ages. But school in the USA goes on into your twenties at least. So she was referring to SDSU. Trying to read to much into a sentence that was written.

Makes you jump when the fire alarm goes off.

Thanks for explaining though.

Hey Gabri

I was thinking about Megumi today, Marty did cross my mind (sorry Claudine) but Eva has known him a while, so Im hoping he is a good guy. Or the Krav Maga could be for him! But Michael has been rejected twice, by Megumi and Lacey. I'm suspicious of him.

The only reason why megumi rejected him because he didn't want to commit

:)   Me too maybe but I do not care for him much!!  He will eventually end up hurting our Eva...!!!!

Not me.  If I have to eat crow it will be after I read what happens in San Diego.  I just feel there is something not right about the Brett dynamic.  Performers write songs about people all the time.  I'm not saying that Brett hasn't looked for Eva but maybe it is because she disappeared on him and his ego can't handle it.  This is all I'm saying on Brett for now anyway.

Not me.  If I have to eat crow it will be after I read what happens in San Diego.  I just feel there is something not right about the Brett dynamic.  Performers write songs about people all the time.  I'm not saying that Brett hasn't looked for Eva but maybe it is because she disappeared on him and his ego can't handle it.  This is all I'm saying on Brett for now anyway.

Sounds like a good plan to me...!!

Hi Sharon

Yes he does feel something for her, I think it's l u s t not love. If he loved her, he wouldn't have been so crude trying to capture Eva's heart. Telling her that one time inside will be enough to convince her. To me he is still immature. His torch needs extinguishing!

And he knows about sextapegate too.

Ok so I was reading through the comments again and I realized I forgot all about Anne.  She is a major witch with a capital B. I agree that she latched on to Corinne to get back at Gideon she doesn't realize that the only person that she is hurting is herself because she doesn't know why Gideon did her the way he did. She thinks that he is just a playboy and uses women.

I would like to see Gideon work through his nightmares in book 4 if there is only 5 books. Hopefully since there is such a big following they will continue the series, or maybe the other characters will get their own books continuing the following.

I also agree that maybe Micheal plays a big part into what is going on with Megumi. It might be Chris Jr. but then again I would think that people would know what he looks like and Megumi said that she likes to gossip so I would think that she has seen him in gossip papers or something like that. But this puzzles me so I'm not sure.

See so many things running through my head lost my train of thought.

Oh we'll. that's my theory out the window then. Thought I found a little clue to where Eva may have lived in her younger days. :(

Sylvia is very good at putting in little subtle hints. :)

I assumed that she grew up in California. Thats where both of her parents are from. 

Slightly differ on this one.

I don't think Corinne is crazy mad. I think she is a crazy manipulator, to get what she wants. She blindsided Gideon and Eva at the dinner in Bared, convinced Eva she had a nooner with Gideon, and at her apartment. The woman is spiteful and devious. Unfortunately the miscarriage was a result, of that attempted suicide. Something she will have to live with for the rest of her life. We will have to wait to see where this storyline goes, but I don't disagree, the woman needs help.

I think this....

she is a manipulating be-och.. I bet she knew she was pregers, and thought that Gideon wouldn't want her if was prego with someone else's kid. I also think she was in cahoots with Anne about the whole thing.

I also think the hosp thing with Gideon's mother being there was because .. mom thought he was gona give the ring to Corinne. 

( I BET HE ASKED HER FOR IT ) 

That's why she had a fit when she saw it on Eva..I think Thats what her comment was about your not taking him away from me too.. because Eva had taken him away from Corinne..

Although all along Eva has been convinced that Brett never had any true feelings for her and that is why she doesn't really understand his motivation now but I'm sure he did have feelings for her because she was so insecure in the past that she never recognized when anyone cared for her as was the case with Gideon in the beginning; Gideon even said that her insecurities blinded her so I really don't think she realizes that she is sending Brett mixed signals because she doesn't think he cares for her...

Thats a very good point!

Totally agree with you here. If Brett never had feelings for Eva why did he write the song Golden?

He released that song before he knew where Eva was / what she was doing / who she was dating. But he as much as said that he was hoping it would bring Eva back to him. That is not someone who is all about the chase. That is the actions of someone who had feelings for someone and missed them greatly when they were gone.

Eva's insecurities are why she thought Brett never had feelings for her. Though I'm sure his actions didn't help matters. They were both kids and poor at expressing their feelings and what was going on in their heads.

IMO Brett has been searching for Eva for a long time and that is why he is not taking no for an answer. He's been thinking about and missing her for 4 years and he given the mixed signals she's been sending, you can't really blame the guy for not giving up so easily. She walked away once, he doesn't want that to happen again.

I so agree with you and it's a good point about him writing the song as having been an indication of his feelings. As I've said before, I think he's basically a decent guy. He's grown and matured some, though not enough, just like Eva has. He's had very mixed messages, to say the least. Why shouldn't he take a shot? Eva's very lovable and he knows how he blew it the first time. I'll keep saying it, that I don't believe he would do anything that might hurt her with something like that sex tape. And I don't believe she'd ever have to use martial arts to fend him off. As Cary said, she just has to say no and mean it.

Hi Sharon.

I don't think she saw her dad much in her younger years, she says it was mainly phone calls, but re reading she referred as going to school in SoCal. So I thought perhaps she spent some of her younger years there, although away from Victor. That was why I was asking about the ages. But school in the USA goes on into your twenties at least. So she was referring to SDSU. Trying to read to much into a sentence that was written.

Makes you jump when the fire alarm goes off.

Thanks for explaining though.

it was said that she didn't see him at all . she was out of control and she went out to live him and then go to school. It was also stated that the only part of her father she got was his mothers name. That's why she calls every Saturday.. she doesn't want to lose what she has with him now.

I so agree with you and it's a good point about him writing the song as having been an indication of his feelings. As I've said before, I think he's basically a decent guy. He's grown and matured some, though not enough, just like Eva has. He's had very mixed messages, to say the least. Why shouldn't he take a shot? Eva's very lovable and he knows how he blew it the first time. I'll keep saying it, that I don't believe he would do anything that might hurt her with something like that sex tape. And I don't believe she'd ever have to use martial arts to fend him off. As Cary said, she just has to say no and mean it.

I don't think he has anything to do with the sex tape either. His goal right now is to get Eva back, nothing could jeopardise that worse than releasing a sex tape.

What woman sees a sex tape of herself and thinks yea that was hot, I must hook up with him again?!? No one! !

And what sane man thinks that that is a likely reaction to his releasing a sex tape?! While he might think it would drive a wedge between her and Gideon, he could never believe it would bring her back to him!!

Brett's talking about how they can make a relationship work. I genuinely think that's what he wants. He talks about when the tour ends and coming to stay with Eva for the holidays... he seems to me to be making a real effort. Its not just all crude come on lines. And IMO, Brett had far more right to get crude and overly familiar too quickly than Gideon ever did. At least they had some sort of previous relationship!!

If a total stranger walked up to me and said what Gideon said to me, I'd have slapped him (at the very least)

An ex lover however, I wouldn't slap him. I might not be thrilled but I would take it much better from an ex than from a stranger!!

OH! And why would Eva tell Brett that she and Cary are going to SD the next week? He didn't have to know!

I feel you on this she really didn't have to tell him that she was going. she needs to nip that in the bud very quickly. her texting him these smiley faces is really irking my nerves. She can just ignore his texts. I really was irked by her explanation about why she asked him up to the apt. wouldn't have been rude in my eyes just don't want to be bothered and he already knows that she just wants to be friends. like Cary said "no means no".

I don't think he has anything to do with the sex tape either. His goal right now is to get Eva back, nothing could jeopardise that worse than releasing a sex tape.

What woman sees a sex tape of herself and thinks yea that was hot, I must hook up with him again?!? No one! !

And what sane man thinks that that is a likely reaction to his releasing a sex tape?! While he might think it would drive a wedge between her and Gideon, he could never believe it would bring her back to him!!

Brett's talking about how they can make a relationship work. I genuinely think that's what he wants. He talks about when the tour ends and coming to stay with Eva for the holidays... he seems to me to be making a real effort. Its not just all crude come on lines. And IMO, Brett had far more right to get crude and overly familiar too quickly than Gideon ever did. At least they had some sort of previous relationship!!

If a total stranger walked up to me and said what Gideon said to me, I'd have slapped him (at the very least)

An ex lover however, I wouldn't slap him. I might not be thrilled but I would take it much better from an ex than from a stranger!!

I don't regard Brett and Eva as lovers. She was just a convenient f* ck for him, when there was no one else to put out. Brett and his mate had a laugh at her expense in the pool hall. I'm sure it wasn't complimentary! She was desperate, needing to feel love and be loved. He used her like all the other girls.

I don't regard Brett and Eva as lovers. She was just a convenient f* ck for him, when there was no one else to put out. Brett and his mate had a laugh at her expense in the pool hall. I'm sure it wasn't complimentary! She was desperate, needing to feel love and be loved. He used her like all the other girls.

But we can't know for sure what happened when Eva wasn't there. She assumed he would other girls when she wasn't around but that could be her insecurity talking - she wasn't there, she doesn't know what he was doing. He considered them to be an item - he said they were together for 6 months and that that was the longest relationship he'd ever had... I'm not saying he didn't other girls, all I'm saying is, we assume that because Eva assumed it.

That's also a massive part of Eva's confusion at this point in the book. She always assumed she was nothing more than a convenient for Brett, but she's now starting to realise that she might have been wrong - based on the song he wrote about how he felt, and his actions recently...

The tail that Gideon mentioned in Bared To You, I believe was his security detail.  He took off so suddenly that they didn't keep up with him.  Don't think Anne Lucas is Corinne's Dr.  Gideon would have seen the name on the prescription bottle (even if she used her maiden  name)  Remember Gideon is thorough in knowing things about people.

Any news about snippets showing up for Captivated By You yet?  Not on FB, so I am relying on you guys to let me know when they appear!!

I love this forum...verying interesting reading.