Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the chair does signify a psychologist like Dr. Travis if it signifies Cary's or Eva's past mistakes or Dr. Peterson like you mentioned. 

That's what I'm thinking or it could be the Vidal's library.  It looks like a library chair.  Will you learn from the past?  The past is something discussed with a psychiatrist. 

This looks like an older chair and it is outside next to grass ... How odd...but then again only 9 more days I don't care about the clues anymore I just want the book I'm not going to agonize over these pix for days on end ill have the book finished in a few hours time and then I'll know everything I need to!!!

That's why this forum ROCKS!! :)

I'm always impressed by the depth of these ladies' reasoning on these books. It makes my reading (and rereading and re-rereading) such a wonderful experience. Plus, each and every day I learn something new!

It so does!! :) I'm more and more glad every day that I've joined. 

I'm currently re-reading with all of these theories, and its making them that much more enjoyable! 

Maybe it means it is time to take the bull by the horns, so to speak and get everything on the table.  If the hospital trip is Cary and his drug issues it could be a time when everyone starts talking.

Gideon's past (Corinne & his abuse) which will make Eva more secure. 

Monica's cover-up is revealed to Victor.

Cary's issues.

Sorry Ladies been a way from site for most of Saturday so just catching up now.

OMG this is so confusing but I like your idea here about taking the bull by the horns, it needs to be done and hopefully in this book, most of it will be done and we shall get some closure on some of the things that are in our minds.

It is great coming in here as I sometimes have a thought to what a clue could be then read what everyone else thinks and start to think, yes that could be it or no I think it is the other way round, it is great having all these ideas floating around.

I am sure SD loves reading what we are all guessing and secretly smiling in agreement or laughing at our Ideas thinking the truth is so much more simpler than we are imagining :)

New Picture.

Will you learn from the mistakes of the past?

972345_528659143836030_1572093907_n.jpg

have you noticed the surrounds of the chair, it looks like a desolate room, not loved, but cold, could this have something to do with Cary's home life as a young boy when his mum was so uncaring for him ?

have you noticed the surrounds of the chair, it looks like a desolate room, not loved, but cold, could this have something to do with Cary's home life as a young boy when his mum was so uncaring for him ?

sorry just looked at picture again, it says "will you learn from mistakes of the past" NOT your past (not shouting here by the way just emphasing the not word), it could be the mistakes from any one of their pasts coming back to haunt them or like my theory of Cary, he is always pushing people away as his mum did to him so maybe he is still pushing Trey away or even Eva as his past - his mum pushing him away - is the only way he knows how to deal with situations or not to deal with them.

You know how Eva always say's Cary screws up his relationships well I think this past of his is the crux of the problem. 

I

I think this is in the library at the Vidal house.

Could this relate to Elizabeth, and her mistakes abandoning Gideon as a child. It might tie in with the watch in the previous photo. Which some thought related to Elizabeth. Gideon having a talk with his mother at long last about his abuse and how she handled the situation. Why she didn't believe him. Hopefully it is. A long time coming.

Hang on!!!

Just another theory.

Didn't Monica sit in a chair like this in a restaurant, when she went to lunch with Eva and Megumi.

Could it be about her guilt over Eva, her abuse, and bad parenting?

Could this be a chat with Victor?

Oh I don't know!!!

My head is swimming with theories. Ive been consumed by this book. Finding it hard to function, because I'm thinking about Gideon and Eva, when I stop for a coffee!

Sylvia tweeted this earlier today:

Photoset: Every image in our countdown cards is a clue to Entwined With You. http://tmblr.co/ZebEexlmNJ-A

So I am thinking that the images are as important and the wording.

Hello, ladies

In my posting about crossword-sudoku-puzzle combo theory, I stated that "I assume the picture is introduced to us as an amusement, if not a distraction." Sylvia's statement posted by Kirsten above proved that I assumed incorrectly. And I also have to revisit and revise my opinion that "the one that we should focus on is the leading question." Now I know I should give equal attention to both the question and the picture in the daily countdown clues.

Countdown clues Day #10

The picture in countdown clues Day #10 has raised my curiosity. After Day #14, this is the second time we get pictures depicting similar objects in the countdown pictures and snapshots. Snapshot #18 and countdown picture #14 show the same modes of transportation which is airplane. While snapshot #10 and countdown picture #10 are both exposing the same women's accessory, i.e. watch (of different type, though).

The countdown question is "Can you trust everyone around you?" and I consider the word trust as the keyword. Since I've been thinking about resolution chapter for Deanna Johnson, I guess countdown clues Day #10 is closely related to it.

Watch can signify time and as a (freelance) journalist, Deanna should meet deadline in gathering and/or reporting information about Gideon. And Eva somehow decided to "trust" so to speak her (Deanna) in order to protect Gideon. I found keywords in Oscar Night snippet that can support my speculation. Eva told Gideon that "I can handle this one" and I assume she's referring Deanna.

If my yo-yo_yo-you pattern is right, even number represents resolution. Deanna needs her resolution chapter and chapter 10 could possibly coincide with countdown clues Day #10.

Countdown clues Day #9

Picture: a chair

Keywords: (learn from) past mistakes

When I saw the picture, the thing that crossed my mind was therapy sessions. And I remember snapshot #8 depicting some sort of medication. I guess therapy sessions could also be classified as medical treatment because it involves psychological intervention. That's how I try to find the connection between snapshot #8 and countdown clues Day #9.

As for the keywords, I assume it's about Monica. I'm focusing only on the countdown clues and not going to discuss the vortex of Monica [i'm using your term, sscrph. Hope you don't mind *wink*]. I hope resolution chapter 8 would give me answers about Eva's mother.

P.S.: Kirsten, would you please tell me how to re-post posting from another thread? Thank you so much.

P.S.S: It's your fault, Sylvia! The Crossfire series is like preeminent theobromine. I'm cerebrally aroused, emotionally elevated, and dripping in GidEva-mones *Snippet #7 reference*

XOXO

New Picture.

Will you learn from the mistakes of the past?

972345_528659143836030_1572093907_n.jpg

Therapy is the word that jumped to mind. Throwing out thoughts:

• Cary and Eva both met in group therapy. In terms of sexual self-esteem, Cary is still struggling more than Eva.
  • Gideon was sexually abused during the course of mental health treatment as a child. The biggest mistake of Elizabeth Vidal's past was to fail to believe her child. In Reflected, she still was in denial.
  • Gideon desperately needs to continue treatment for the atypical sexual parasomnia - but he cannot tell Dr. Petersen the truth about Nathan.
  • As a couple, Gideon and Eva desperately need to continue couples therapy, but the same obstacle applies re: too dangerous to tell Dr. Petersen the truth about Nathan.
  • Monica is in treatment for her obsessions, including obsessions about keeping Nathan a secret. What happens when Victor finds out the truth about Nathan raping Eva, as Victor is almost certain to learn? How will Monica's fragility hold up?

Cary came from some sort of impoverished background -- the picture hints of poverty too.

Therapy is the word that jumped to mind. Throwing out thoughts:

• Cary and Eva both met in group therapy. In terms of sexual self-esteem, Cary is still struggling more than Eva.
  • Gideon was sexually abused during the course of mental health treatment as a child. The biggest mistake of Elizabeth Vidal's past was to fail to believe her child. In Reflected, she still was in denial.
  • Gideon desperately needs to continue treatment for the atypical sexual parasomnia - but he cannot tell Dr. Petersen the truth about Nathan.
  • As a couple, Gideon and Eva desperately need to continue couples therapy, but the same obstacle applies re: too dangerous to tell Dr. Petersen the truth about Nathan.
  • Monica is in treatment for her obsessions, including obsessions about keeping Nathan a secret. What happens when Victor finds out the truth about Nathan raping Eva, as Victor is almost certain to learn? How will Monica's fragility hold up?
This is definitely a chapter where someone bares their sole. I hope.

But we have so many candidates.

As for Monica's fragility, I don't think she will cope at all, this will put Eva in a bad place. She is going to be put under enormous pressure, Monica, Gideon, and Cary. I just hope she is strong enough to cope. Yes we are seeing a new Eva, but her shoulders can only carry so much.

I so wish Eva would finally snap and tell Monica " I was the one who was raped so stop acting like you're the victim mom because you just me feel worse over your little guilt trips."

To me that chair looks like a piece of furniture that has been put out for the trash (kicked to the curb?) the way people do in cities. Lots of people and not just scavengers go around collecting the night before pickup. Might be a lamppost in the background.

BTW could someone tell me what 0 warning points means? It says that under my name when I post. I'm guessing maybe you get a warning if you write about say Gideon's nice a** or something and forget to asterisk it.

I've got that too. No idea what it means or how to get rid of it.

BTW could someone tell me what 0 warning points means? It says that under my name when I post. I'm guessing maybe you get a warning if you write about say Gideon's nice a** or something and forget to asterisk it.

I don't know either. Maybe it has something to do with you being reported....  just my guess