The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I am like you jls, I did love FSOG, although I hated the mistakes in it but really fell in love with Gideon and Eva, Ana and Christian had a lovely romance story but their problems were really one sided on christian's part but Gideon and Eva have more hurdles and more realistic hurdles to get over

Hi Sheens263, 

What mistakes did EL James make writing Fifty Shades of Grey?  I don't understand.  Would you please be kind enough to explain. Thank you.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sheens263, 

What mistakes did EL James make writing Fifty Shades of Grey?  I don't understand.  Would you please be kind enough to explain. Thank you.

Hi GiGi

Just in some of the grammar, the way the book read, I had to re-read a couple of times to get the idea of what she was meaning, maybe it was more on my Ipad books rather than the paper copy but there were just some in the first and third book that I went "wait, what is she trying to say here".  Nothing drastic but just little things but I do tend to read then re-read books over and over again to get right into them.

Sheens 

EL James did a great interview on the "Katie Show".  I am sure that if people looked they could find that interview posted online.  I thought that the author did a very good job of explaining her position about the characters in her book and why those characters were they way they were.  I have a lot of respect for EL James and her defense of her books and storyline.  That interview gave me a lot of insight.  I am very glad that I got to see that interview.  I also gained even more respect for EL James.   

If you get a chance or are interested, you may want to watch that interview.

I love EL James she is a very shy unassuming person and I loved her books ....Her first attempts at writing were amazing and as I said earlier I thank her for writing such an entertaining series. :) :)

Friday - which means we're getting a snapshot today, probably at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 20. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-19:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. A vase of white roses with a card that says "Happy" (can't see what) and signed xoxoxoxo.

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

14. An NYPD detective shield (badge).

15. A man's hand grasping a bed sheet

16. A set of stairs or spectator seats (in Times Square?)

17. A man's hand holding a French passport

18. A private jet parked at an airport.

19. A single red rose on a beach

I suppose you could be right Julie, maybe they are only filming the scene in London for the honeymoon

I would like to think that just the honeymoon scenes are being filmed in London.  Although I love London, I live in Oregon and would love to see all the beauty that Oregon and Washington have, properly displayed in the movies.  I too met EL and thought she was very lovely.  I have never even though about comparing FSOG and the Crossfire series, they are both enjoyable and fun to read in their own rights. 

As for the filming, with all the buzz around the books and the possibility of a movie being made and the casting, etc., I am surprise that it has not been made more public that filming began.  Maybe I am just off the grid (with my nose in a book) but on this page is the first I heard.

It is unfortunate that you can't have only good without some bad.  It comes with the territory.  Perhaps the publishers will look at the forums and FB forums and see what is going on.  I hardly think that they oblivious to what has been going on.

Yes GiGi I think they need to clue in here. Sylvia has suggested people write to the publisher. I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait for book 4.

just wondering what someone else thinks about why Gideon had lipstick on his shirt, and why the couch leg was moved and the pillow on the floor in his office when Corrine came walking out of the Crossfire and Eva saw her. plus he just got out of the shower. in Reflectionsin you? Sylvia never addressed this YET! I want an answer!!

just wondering what someone else thinks about why Gideon had lipstick on his shirt, and why the couch leg was moved and the pillow on the floor in his office when Corrine came walking out of the Crossfire and Eva saw her. plus he just got out of the shower. in Reflectionsin you? Sylvia never addressed this YET! I want an answer!!

It was not lipstick it was blood and the pillow from the couch was on the floor because Gideon had beat Nathan up in his office.! She did answer that somewhere on here..!

Hi Lorna, another new member ;) Welcome to the fun zone!

Sylvia did give us an answer a while ago on this site. It was blood, not lipstick, on his shirt, and it was Nathan, not Corrine, who had been in his office. Nathan had pictures of Eva from when he (Nathan) had raped her, and Gideon physically attacked him.

As for Corrine, she never got to see Gideon that day, period.

Eva herself figured out herself that Corrine played a dirty trick on her, and when she confronted Corrine near the end of Reflected, Corrine's facial expression gave herself away. Corrine, downstairs in the Crossfire lobby, spotted Eva across the street and mussed herself up (smearing her lipstick, messing up her hair) so that she (Corrine) looked like Gideon had just finished f****** her in his office.

Just read paragraph from Sylvia's new books "Afterburn" on FB. Another one for us to get our teeth into girls. When we have exhausted Gideon, we can let him recover over the autumn, and start on Jackson. What say you?

HI JULIE,

I'd say there are Marcus (Ask for it), Jasper (Pride and Pleasure) and Gerard (The Stranger I Married) to deal with as well!!!! I know these are "one -shot" novels but they are absolutely up to any expectations. lol

http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/05/24/entwined-snapshot-20/

Snapshot 20 is a picture of a cellphone showing one new text message alert

Mrs. C catches the new one first yet again!!!

Cockamamie theory I have is this represents Corrine being kicked to the curb. Here's the basis for my theory

• Chapter 20 is the third-to-last chapter of Entwined (which has 22 chapters)
  • Chapter 20 of Bared to You also the third-to-last chapter (of 22 chapters). This was where our Least Favorite Brunette first showed up as a character, and in this chapter, among the things she claimed when messing with Eva's mind is she (Corrine) talks on the phone with Gideon every day.
  • Reflected in You has only 20 chapters, so there, Chapter 18 is the third to last. That chapter features the only other face-to-face meeting between Least Favorite Brunette and Our Favorite Blonde. In it, Corrine also is playing mindgames by claiming Gideon is spending all his free time with her.

Sooooooo ...... is this chapter does Corrine try one last trick, via text, because Gideon won't see her any more nor even speak with her over the phone?

I gave up thinking what they mean after the release of chapter one because None of us was Nowhere close to guessing at what it meant..!!

and it is clearly a man's hand as well, Hmmmmm the mind boggles

Well I will say this.. If the last pic represents Gideon and Eva on the beach, and todays pic is indeed Gideon's hand holding the phone

I see this time they brought their phones with them..!! ( chapter 20 coast still not clear for them to be together?)

Well I will say this.. If the last pic represents Gideon and Eva on the beach, and todays pic is indeed Gideon's hand holding the phone

I see this time they brought their phones with them..!! ( chapter 20 coast still not clear for them to be together?)

This too --- maybe his legal team has contacted him to confirm it is OVAH. He's not going to face charges, and the murder case is being sent to "unsolved" limbo (unsolved meaning "no arrest")

Mrs. C catches the new one first yet again!!!

Cockamamie theory I have is this represents Corrine being kicked to the curb. Here's the basis for my theory

• Chapter 20 is the third-to-last chapter of Entwined (which has 22 chapters)
  • Chapter 20 of Bared to You also the third-to-last chapter (of 22 chapters). This was where our Least Favorite Brunette first showed up as a character, and in this chapter, among the things she claimed when messing with Eva's mind is she (Corrine) talks on the phone with Gideon every day.
  • Reflected in You has only 20 chapters, so there, Chapter 18 is the third to last. That chapter features the only other face-to-face meeting between Least Favorite Brunette and Our Favorite Blonde. In it, Corrine also is playing mindgames by claiming Gideon is spending all his free time with her.

Sooooooo ...... is this chapter does Corrine try one last trick, via text, because Gideon won't see her any more nor even speak with her over the phone?

I like your theory quite a lot.! Ciao

HI JULIE,

I'd say there are Marcus (Ask for it), Jasper (Pride and Pleasure) and Gerard (The Stranger I Married) to deal with as well!!!! I know these are "one -shot" novels but they are absolutely up to any expectations. lol

I haven't read any of those, but I did read Seven Years to Sin and Alistair was great :)

I see that Afterburn/Shock will be out together in paperback in Nov, but do we know if they will be together in ebook too? I guess it's a good value to order now while thye're less than $4 each ebook b/c paperback is $10 on Amazon. It looks good! I've decided that I really like SD...lol...her writing style is so great :)  

I wonder when she will release more info on the 4th Crossfire book...TItle, release date etc.

Hmm...I'm thinking the ambulance is Cary...maybe he's having problems w/ pain meds? I really hope it's not Corrine messing w/ our couple...Maybe the snapshot today is of them receiving the bad news?