Entwined With You- Chapter One

I am new to the forums and have a question. I have read both books. I recently started listening to the audio version of Bared To You .

I thought all along that "Eva" was pronounced with an "e".. But in the audio edition it is pronounced "Ava" with an "a".

I guess I had that wrong, did everyone else already know that. I feel kinda stupid.. Does it even matter?

I have really enjoyed reading everyone comments and thoughts and am looking forward to the new book in June .

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that he would have to get rid of it. The room is something he did for Eva when they were together. What I think would be nice is if Corrine came to Gideon's apartment for a decision about his intentions and Eva let her in (maybe Gideon has an early meeting) and Eva was in that just F$#@d state. What goes around comes around but Corrine would know Eva wasn't staging a performance.

I'm not sure I like that idea too much. Right now Gideons place is special for both of them as she is the ONLY female allowed there with the exception of his mom and his staff (housekeeper). I don't like the thought of ruining that by inviting Corrine or Magdeline or any other female from the past.

I'm not sure I like that idea too much. Right now Gideons place is special for both of them as she is the ONLY female allowed there with the exception of his mom and his staff (housekeeper). I don't like the thought of ruining that by inviting Corrine or Magdeline or any other female from the past.

Good point Peachies no brunettes allowed!!

Who actually gets acquainted with current boyfriends ex fiancé?! Maybe say hi and keep distance. There was no need to eat dinner in same table! This scene makes me so mad that I go to RIY and read part when Eva kisses brett. Take that Gideon!!!!

I agree it was completely inappropriate on Gideon's part she should have grabbed Stanton's nephew and gave him a mad passionate kiss on the dance floor!!!

I am new to the forums and have a question. I have read both books. I recently started listening to the audio version of Bared To You .

I thought all along that "Eva" was pronounced with an "e".. But in the audio edition it is pronounced "Ava" with an "a".

I guess I had that wrong, did everyone else already know that. I feel kinda stupid.. Does it even matter?

I have really enjoyed reading everyone comments and thoughts and am looking forward to the new book in June .

Welcome Stella. This was actually just brought up on another thread. Don't feel stupid. I always thought it was Eeeeeva not Aaaava too. I don't think it really matters, but it did throw me for a loop when I heard Sylvia talking about the series on a talk show. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqfKFpDLyMM

Welcome Stella. This was actually just brought up on another thread. Don't feel stupid. I always thought it was Eeeeeva not Aaaava too. I don't think it really matters, but it did throw me for a loop when I heard Sylvia talking about the series on a talk show.

I haven't heard the audiobook but I couldn't tell whether she said eva or ava

Since we are discussing pronunciation of names, does anyone know how we are supposed to pronounce Magdalene? I've wondered this since is first started reading the stories and it kills me every time I come across her name. Thanks for any help with this.

Since we are discussing pronunciation of names, does anyone know how we are supposed to pronounce Magdalene? I've wondered this since is first started reading the stories and it kills me every time I come across her name. Thanks for any help with this.

I will hear her name in the next chapter and report back. I am listening to BTY audio book now.

Welcome to the forum.

I said exactly the same thing. Being English and Jill Redfield American I thought I would let it slide, but it did throw me to start with.

I have to say in Entwined Imthink I will enjoy the fact they are sneaking around because it sounds fun, sexy, and exciting butnonlynfor a few chapters I want them out in the open declaring their love to all those brunettes with those pesky exaggerated expectations!!!

Hi SScrph

I re-read the snippets last night and the snapshots and I wondered if with Gideon asking Eva to come home to him was his way of saying they had moved in together, I know that sounds really quick but why else would you refer to your home as their home.

Eva loved it there. Just the journey sucked!

They need to go back and relive that weekend, talking, touching, s* xy time, more talking.

I wondered if Gideon has bought the house in NC after they both loved being there :)

Corrine needs to be gone so fast. to be honest i don't think Gideon led her on as much as we think. i think he was honest with her about them not getting back together. I think he would have sold her the friendship line, since she was going through a bad divorce. I think she is the one who just assumed once they starting spending time together that he would fall for her. I agree that in the past he should have been upfront with her. But this time around i think she knows exactly what the score is but she's i denial. Thats why she keeps trying to attack Eva, so she will walk away and then Corrine can pick up the pieces!

I agree with you there JLS, Gideon may have his faults but I don't think he would deliberately lead Corrine on knowing she would be hurt at the end and I think he would have been honest with her about his feelings for Eva, how Corrine dealt with that is anyones guess

I read Fifty trilogy and Sylvia's books are so much better!! I was so happy she decided to make it a series. I can't get my friends to read the books though either so it's nice to come on here and discuss it with you and everyone. : ) one of these days my smiley emoticon will work on here lol

I agree Caroline but I am slowly getting one of my friends to read Crossfire, she is slowly getting there and has just passed the first outing with Gideon and Eva in BTY but I have told her it does get so much better so fingers crossed she will finish soon but I love coming in here, only with the time delay, me being in the UK I am now catching up with everything that was written while I was asleep, at work of course, no point in not catching up here, it is Friday and I am a boss so I can get away with it so far LOL :)

I agree Caroline but I am slowly getting one of my friends to read Crossfire, she is slowly getting there and has just passed the first outing with Gideon and Eva in BTY but I have told her it does get so much better so fingers crossed she will finish soon but I love coming in here, only with the time delay, me being in the UK I am now catching up with everything that was written while I was asleep, at work of course, no point in not catching up here, it is Friday and I am a boss so I can get away with it so far LOL :)

Sheena I know how you I am always catching up. I think you are two hours behind South Africa. Sometimes I wake up to over 150 emails. My social life now revolve around crossfire and this forum. :D

Question for everyone, 

I re-read chapter 1 again last night and some of the wording kept jumping out at me as if I had read it before, not just in this chapter then I looked at the snippets and snapshots, did anyone else notice

Snippet #3 is actually from Chapter 2 - "Honestly, Gideon Cross has been designed to f*** a woman right out of her mind"

Snippet #2 I think goes with Snapshot 2 - Christmas present opened "Waking up to you is like... presents on Christmas morning"

Snippet #6&7 I think have to go with Snapshot 9

Snippet#9 is also from Chapter 2

not sure if anyone else agrees with me but these were my thoughts last night :)

I have listed to the audiobooks and read the books.  Both the Eva in this book and Eva Mendez pronounce their names the same way.  It is Aaava not Eeeva, I believe that was discussed a long time along and we were told which pronounciation is correct.  Magdalene is pronounced MagdalenA. 

Hi SScrph

I re-read the snippets last night and the snapshots and I wondered if with Gideon asking Eva to come home to him was his way of saying they had moved in together, I know that sounds really quick but why else would you refer to your home as their home.

Yes this a good point Sheens I hadn't thought of it that way ...

Sheena I know how you I am always catching up. I think you are two hours behind South Africa. Sometimes I wake up to over 150 emails. My social life now revolve around crossfire and this forum. :D

Hi Bookworm

LOL, I came in this morning to 138 posts, it took me most of the morning to go through them and yes I am at work as well LOL, but my social life is this site now :)

Hi. I'm almost certain Gideon will have bought the beach house. As he said everything has a price, and Eva loved it. Will it be a wedding present to her. Sigh!

Oh Julie

Wouldn't that be wonderful to have a man to buy a house just like that for you.  It would be a lovely wedding present but I think like everyone else that maybe a wee while away and as SD has confirmed on FB that there will be 5 books I think book 3 will be going through a lot of the relationship problems and getting over the hurdles, I hope the Nathan killing thing dies down in this book as well but you never know.

I am hoping even by the end of book 3 there may even be an engagement lol :)

Hi SScrph

I thought the same thing but then she was going to describe what she was wearning.  She could have left before he came home?

Oh Julie

Wouldn't that be wonderful to have a man to buy a house just like that for you.  It would be a lovely wedding present but I think like everyone else that maybe a wee while away and as SD has confirmed on FB that there will be 5 books I think book 3 will be going through a lot of the relationship problems and getting over the hurdles, I hope the Nathan killing thing dies down in this book as well but you never know.

There is too much baggage to wade through before the happy stuff starts, and the book is only 2 weeks along in the relationship. Basically books 1 & 2 revolved round Eva. Now it's Gideons issues to come, with support from Eva .

Perhaps an engagement would be a good way to round off book 3, to keep us romantics happy. :)

Oh Julie

As I remember Gideon wanted them to buy the house in NC  together so it would be their place.  I'm thinking they will do that and use it as a place to escape to when needed.